Our refund policy
1. a. Upon booking the following sliding scale is enforced. The Client must inform ERG in writing and receive a written confirmation for the cancellation to be accepted and validated by ERG.
If cancellation is received with the following notice of the course booking:
180 days’ notice onwards – 100% refund
60 – 179 days’ notice from course date – 50% refund
60 days or less to the course or training date refunds are unavailable
b. Recorded, web delivered courses, webinars and our membership sites
Upon purchase and without accessing the content of the membership site we will refund you less our reasonable administrative expenses, and any transaction or currency fees, which will not be less than 15% of the course price.
Once any course content has been accessed and at the directors of ERG’s absolute discretion, an assessment would be made as to how much content had been consumed and a refund no more than 50% of the course price may be applied.
2. Making a cancellation
The Client must write to ERG confirming the Client does not wish to attend and receive our confirmation of our acceptance of the Client cancellation.
3. Unauthorised access of recorded material or webinars At the absolute discretion of the directors of the Event Resources Group Ltd any use or viewing of a course that has not been paid for in full will be chargeable and the student or viewer will be liable for the full retail price of the course and material.
4. Unauthorised course downloads
Course video downloads are expressly forbidden and are disabled on the site. It is strictly forbidden to download, store on any media or disseminate or share course videos or content to any third parties.
5. Changes to attendance and transfer of courses or dates
ERG will do our utmost to book the Client into the next available course as long as the Client informs ERG in writing no later than 28 days of the booked course, subject to ERG’s ultimate discretion.
6. Changes to attendee information.
The Client must provide ERG written confirmation of any name changes or replacement attendee no later than 72 hours of the event. ERG retain the right to refuse any attendee.
The Client will need to bring the Client ticket or an invoice to present at registration.
8. Prohibited items at the event
Camera’s, videos and recording devices are prohibited.
ERG reserve the right to refuse entry or eject any person from the course at our discretion.
9. Course content and intellectual property rights
The course content and any media or hand-outs are the sole intellectual property of Event Resources Group. It is expressly forbidden, without written consent from the course director, to copy, publish or distribute this content for any reason other than within the Client’s own role within their company.
It is expressly forbidden to use any of the course content, media or hand-outs for the teaching of any courses, seminars or public talks whatsoever.
10. Course changes – We do our very best to retain all published dates, venues, content and content delivery schedules etc. however we retain the right to change published dates, venues, content and content delivery schedules etc.
11. Venue or course changes – We use our reasonable endeavours to hold the courses at the advertised venues however we reserve, at our absolute discretion, the right to relocate to another venue at any time and accept no liability whatsoever for any additional or incurred travel or accommodation costs.
12. Course and teaching usage
All training, course content, notes and slides are for guidance only. The Client agree to indemnify Event Resources Group and its representatives from any damages and agree to take full responsibility in all areas of the Clients own event planning, preparation, execution and overall management including health and safety, security and medical issues. The Client should seek expert guidance of anything of which the Client are uncertain or that which falls outside of the Clients own area of expertise.
13. Professional credits
Certified Meeting Professional CEs and Continual Professional Development CPD units and any certificates will only be applied to the student’s profile once they have a) completed course attendance b) paid in full all applicable fees.
It is the student’s responsibility to attend and/or view all required material such as live classroom or webinar sessions, view and complete all recorded lessons, webinars, books and supporting material as determined by their chosen course. No liability or refunds will be available to any student who does not complete the course.
ERG may on occasionally record by video or microphone any course or content. The Client gives express permission that ERG may use the recordings for its own legitimate business, commercial or promotional needs. All students will be made aware prior to any recordings and by their attendance will have given express acceptance to the recording and use of their image or voice or Client offices or facilities without remuneration. If a student does not wish to be recorded they will be asked to leave the training and provided with either a full refund or moved to another course or date where recordings will not take place.
If any part of this agreement is declared unenforceable or invalid, the remainder will continue to be valid and enforceable.
17. Limitation of Liability
The Client acknowledges and agrees that the limitation of liability contained in this clause is:
- Fair and reasonable
- Reflected in the level of charges and of insurance cover carried by the Company
- Just and equitable having regard to the extent of the responsibility of the Company for any loss or damage suffered, on the basis that all other consultants, the contractor and any subcontractors who have a liability shall be deemed to have provided contractual undertakings to the Client on terms no less onerous than those contained in this Contract.
18. Force Majeure
The Company shall not be liable to the Client or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the Company’s obligations in relation to the Services, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Company’s reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), accidents, war, national emergency, acts of terrorism protects, riot, civil commotion, fire explosion, flood, epidemic, the act or omission of government, highway authorities or any telecommunications carrier, operator or administration or other competent authority, or the delay or failure in manufacture, production, or supply by third parties of equipment or services.
The Client shall indemnify the Company for any breach of the Data Protection Act 1988 or the EU General Data Protection Regulation GDPR in respect of the information provided to the Company by the Client.
Any dispute or difference arising out of or in connection with this Contract may be referred, at the option of either party, to adjudication. The person who is to act as the adjudicator shall be agreed between the Client and the Company.
the Company can refer any disputes relating to its Intellectual Property Rights, design rights, copyright and late payment of monies due under the Contract, to the Courts without having recourse to the adjudication process.
22. Subject to English Courts
The Contract shall in all respects be subject to and construed in accordance with English Law and the Client submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Event Resources Group Limited is a registered company in England & Wales. Company no: 08220605